Queen Bee

Queen Bee

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sebastian Volupt: First Use

I was really looking forward to trying this product on my hair.  When I got into the shower and cracked open the top, the first thing I noticed was the smell.  The shampoo smelled a bit like grapefruit.  It wasn't the tangy sweet smell of pink grapefruit but more like the tart yellow grapefruit.  It isn't a bad smell by any means, it's just different. 

I lathered up with Volupt Volume Boosting Shampoo.  I loved the lather; the product didn't sting my scalp or feel like it was stripping my hair.  Sebastian claims that this shampoo will give me 75% more volume, help me achieve great hair heights with revolutionary cushion particle technology that constructs harmony of soft volumes, shielding-in the lightness and is color safe.  Is it bleach safe?  Oh, let's hope so :)

After shampooing, I followed with Volupt Volume Boosting Conditioner.  I loved the way my fingers felt as they glided through my strands.  The conditioner has the same grapefruit scent which, again, is not unpleasant, just strong.  Sebastian claims that this conditioner will shield-in volume without adding weight to my hair, leaving it extra voluminous and soft to the touch.  Of course the recommend I use both products together becasue they're both color safe.

I'm not sure if after drying my hair it had more volume, but it was definitely softer.  I was afraid to use the  Volume Building Spray Gel because I loved how soft my hair was feeling.  But, I'm here to test these products and Sebastian is such a great product/name that I couldn't stop myself even if I wanted to. 

I quickly found out that I don't need to spray a lot on my hair.  This spray gel goes on light but packs a punch.  My hair is naturally wavy/curly and the gel held the curls in place without losing volume at all.  One neat thing about this gel is you need to first shake well to activate its 2-phase formula. 

I'm pleased with the performance of Sebastian's hair product line and will continue to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment