Queen Bee

Queen Bee

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Garnier Blow Dry Perfector DAY ONE

Today is Day One using the Blow Dry Perfector.  It is supposed to last through seven shampoo's.  I only wash my hair every other day because of how dry it is (my fault for getting highlights) so this will be a two week process. 

I washed my hair without conditioning as per the instructions on the box.  After towel drying my hair I put it around my shoulders to prevent the product from dripping onto my robe.  The instructions state that this product does not stain, but I want to be safe.  I really like my pretty robe!!

Then I applied the 20-minute Smooth-It Serum thoroughly to my hair.  OH-MY-GOSH!  This stuff stunk SO bad that my daughter, who was in another room, came out to ask what smelled bad.  I'd have to say the smell was a cross between really bad B-O and a rotten drain.  Yes.  It was that bad.  I had to leave this stuff on for 20 whole minutes!!  I went on their website to make sure this was normal and that I wasn't putting bad product on my hair.  Thankfully I wasn't killing my hair; the website said that the bad smell means it's working.  It is formulated with protein building blocks, found naturally in hair, to smooth and tame unmanageable hair.  I didn't realize protein building blocks stunk so bad.

I actually left it on for 30 minutes because my hair has been so dry lately.  After, I rinsed it out without re-shampooing.  Whew!  It felt great to get that smell off my head!!  (True story: The kids yelled at the dog because they thought HE had passed gas but it was my hair!! I never told them that it wasn't the dog!  How low am I?!)

I once again towel dried my hair and applied the Heat-Activated Perfect-It Cream, with natural rice oil, which is supposed to seal in lasting smoothness and conditioning, and to create a weightless, humidity-resistant barrier to frizz.  This stuff didn't smell at all so I applied it and combed it through.  I then blow dried my hair like normal.  One thing I noticed is that my hair was a lot sleeker.  It felt like my fingers glided through my hair as I dried it.  When I finished flat-ironing it, I wasn't sure if it was any shinier than normal because of the over processing (had my hair highlighted 6 weeks earlier and it's been frizzy ever since) but it definitely FELT smoother. 

My daughter said, "Mom your hair feels nice but man it smelled BAAAAAD!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment