Queen Bee

Queen Bee

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tom's of Main Toothpaste Follow Up

I was asked to try Tom's of Main Wicked Fresh Cool Mountain Mint toothpaste and to be frank, I was already using a really good toothpaste from Melaleuca (Melaleuca Whitening Tooth Polish) that my family and I absolutely love.  Melaleuca's toothpaste is also all-natural and is cinnamon flavored (which I prefer over traditional peppermint flavor) but I was on a mission that would self destruct in 2 months so I gave it a whirl.  My husband flat out stated from the very begining: "Don't ask me to use that stuff, I like our toothpaste."  I allowed him that victory. 

So, I tried it for two months and though I'm not sure that it has replaced our current brand, yet, I do have to say that it lives up to everything it claims!

Their slogan is: FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT FOR FRESH BREATH!

That cracked me up because I never thought of my breath as being apart of my inalienable rights!!  The first time I tried it I noticed a pleasant cooling effect.  My mouth felt like I swallowed a snowman in a pepperment factory! My teeth felt like glass they were so slick!  All around my mouth felt great.  Now, I wasn't going to go around asking people if they felt my breath was better than it was the day before so I just took Tom's word that my breath had long lasting freshness. 

It's "Goodness Guaranteed" assured me that it helps stop bad breath without the burn.  While it did have an incredible cooling effect, it never once burned my mouth.  I use a Sonicare tooth brush that is on a timer (2 minutes, I believe) and my mouth was comfortable the entire time. 

I gave this toothpaste an A for effectiveness and for being all-natural and will continue to use it until the tube is empty.  If Tom decides to include Cinnamon flavor to the Wicked line, it just MAY entice me to switch over completely :)

                                                                               ***
Are you concerned about the ingredients that go into the products you buy? We are too — and we want to share as much detail as possible with you, so that you can feel comfortable choosing Tom's. That's why we share every ingredient, its purpose, and its source.
Active Ingredients
NamePurposeSource
Sodium monofluorophosphateDecay preventionFluorspar (calcium fluoride), an ore
Other Ingredients
NamePurposeSource
GlycerinMoistenerVegetable oils
WaterConsistencyMaine aquifer
Hydrated silicaStain removalPurified silica from the earth
Calcium carbonateMild abrasivePurified calcium from the earth
XylitolFlavorBirch trees or corn
Natural flavorsFlavorNatural oils derived from the leaves of mint and other aromatic plants
Sodium lauryl sulfateDispersantDerived from coconut and/or palm kernel oil
CarrageenanThickenerSeaweed (Chondrus crispus)
Licorice Root ExtractBreath FresheningLicorice Root Extract

No comments:

Post a Comment